Is your Lenovo touchpad not working? In recent times many of the Lenovo Laptops users have faced the same issue on their laptop. Read my article. Here, you can get some easy fixes to your problem.
Firstly, make sure the touchpad of your Lenovo Laptop is not disabled. Follow the steps below to enable the touchpad on your computer.
Simply use the Fn key and the F8 key to turn on your Lenovo touchpad. Press and hold the Fn Key and the F8 Key at the same time.
There are some other steps also which you can follow to get the job done.
- Open the Control Panel and Open the Mouse option from there
- Then go to the last tab
- Finally, Click on the Enable option.
This will definitely enable your touchpad if it was disabled previously. Still facing the problem then the problem is not that simple one. Follow my fixes given here and solve your Lenovo touchpad not working issue.
Fix: Lenovo Touchpad Not Working
Restart your PC
In some cases, it is just that easy and all you have to do is Restarting your PC to resolve the problem. Press the Windows Logo from your Keyboard and Select the Restart option from the shutdown menu.
Run a Full Virus Scan
Run a full virus scan to ensure that your computer is not affected by any virus, spyware or bot infections. A malware can cause your Windows PC hanged and frozen. And you will have to deal with an unresponsive touchpad. Open your anti-malware software and update it with the latest malware definitions. Then go for a scan. Wait for the scan to complete and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Update Lenovo Touchpad Driver
Follow these easy steps to update drivers via Windows Device manager
- Firstly, Press the Windows Key along with the R on your keyboard. This will open the Run the dialogue box
- Put the following command ‘devmgmt.msc’ and click ok
- Now, in the device manager locate Mice and other pointing devices option
- Right Click on it and select the Update Driver Software option
- Then, choose the option ‘ Search automatically for updated driver software’ option.
- Finally, the updated driver software will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Run System File Checker
A corrupted system file can cause your Lenovo touchpad not working. You can fix the system files to resolve the issue. Follow the steps given below to Run System File Checker on your Lenovo Laptop.
- Firstly, open the Command prompt Press the Windows Key from the Keyboard
- Then type cmd and right click on the search result ‘Command Prompt’
- Now Click on Run as Administrator
- Click Yes
- As you can see the black window with the cursor blinking, type SFC /SCANNOW and press the Enter button there
- Now you need to wait a few minutes to complete the process
- Then Restart your PC
This step requires a little knowledge about the Windows System Files. If you don’t feel confident enough to try these on your own it is highly recommended to try these under experts supervision. Contact the Lenovo Support executives and address your problem to them. They can resolve your problem with an ease. Visit the Lenovo Chat Support portal to have a chat with the Lenovo Chat Support assistants about the issue.
Now its time to bid adieu guys. For any other issues with your Lenovo laptop, you can check my other articles. Let me know the issue through the comment box if you can’t find the solution.