There can be multiple reasons for resetting your Lenovo device, including hardware, technical defect or some other issues. Most of the users want to learn how to reset Lenovo tablet when they want their gadgets to function like a new one. So, if you want to reset your Lenovo tablet and looking for simple methods, follow this article. Resetting your tablet or any gadget is the only way to resolve your problem. Also, you will get to know a few quick steps to perform default factory settings to restore your gadget.
How To Reset Lenovo Tablet?
You can be searching for effective ways to know how to reset Lenovo tablet. Before knowing the steps, you must be aware when your device needs to be reset. So, if you are not clear about the situations when a reset is a must for your device, follow these points.
Conditions When You Need To Reset Your Tablet
- Your Lenovo tablet is not starting properly or freezes quite often.
- You are trying to install new apps on your tablet but its stuck on the brand logo on the screen.
- When you want to delete all the data from your tablet permanently, reset is the best option.
- You can reset your tablet when you forget the unlock pattern or password to use it.
Now that you are aware of the situations when it is necessary to reset your tablet or other gadgets, let’s check the methods of resetting.
The Steps To Reset Lenovo Tablet
There are two types of Lenovo tablet hard reset that you can apply on your Lenovo devices. One is called the soft reset and the other is hard reset process.
- You can apply the soft reset when your tablet appears to be frozen or running very slow. So whatever programs you are running, the soft reset refreshes it and reboots your device.
- Whereas, the hard reset helps to clear the RAM and allows you to perform device factory settings. Whatever programs or changes you have made on your tablet, this option clears it all.
Steps For Soft Reset Process
Press ‘Power’ key and hold for few seconds and it will show ‘Power Off’ and ‘Restart’ options. Then tap on ‘Restart’ option to perform a soft reset on your Lenovo tablet. This method won’t affect your device data unless the tablet battery is very low. Hence, you may or may not keep a backup copy of the data for securing it during the soft reset.
Steps For Hard Reset Process
- Your first task is to press the ‘Power’ button and switch off your Lenovo tablet. Then you have to hold down all the three options – Power key, Volume Up and Volume Down tabs, for almost 10 seconds.
- You have to hold down the ‘Power’ button for sometime in order to enter into the Recovery Mode. Then use the Volume buttons and Power button to scroll and select ‘Factory Reset/ Wipe Data’ option.
- Before clearing all tablet data, make sure to create a backup copy using Cloud or an external device, if needed. Then tap ‘Yes’ on the ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’ confirmation page to erase everything.
- As the ‘Reboot system now’ option appears on the tablet screen, accept it by pressing the ‘Power’ button.
Contact Us For Further Assistance
If you can’t apply the above steps and want professionals to reset your device, then contact our Lenovo Smartphone support team. We have experts who can teach how to reset Lenovo tablet in a few steps. You can also consult our Lenovo tech support executives to resolve tablet errors. We provide solutions anytime and the process of placing your service order is very easy. You can call our support team at Lenovo Support Number [+1-800-763-4027 ] and request for solutions. To receive solutions at your mailbox, send your request to our email address. Also, for real-time solutions on tablet errors, use our live portal service.