Lenovo laptops are one of the best laptops in the market recently. It has a lot to offer to its users. The laptops are made of high-quality materials which are backed with their upgraded configuration. Users all over the world have quite a positive review about the Lenovo laptops. However, this does not mean that the laptops are error free. One of the most common error is the Lenovo laptop keeps restarting. This can happen to any laptop due to internal defects. It somewhat depends on how you are using the laptop. If you want to resolve the issue on your own, this is the article for you. Here you will get some quick hacks to get rid of the issue of your Lenovo laptop which restarts much.
Why Lenovo Laptop Keeps Restarting?
It might be very annoying for you if you see that your Lenovo laptop restarts at regular intervals. If you want to fix this issue, you need to know the causes which are hampering the performance of your laptop. Take a look at some of the common causes of such issues.
- Presence of viruses in the Lenovo laptop can make it malfunction. Therefore, you need to scan the computer with a registered antivirus to solve the problem.
- If the hardware driver gets corrupt, then you can face Lenovo laptop keeps restarting problem. Try updating the hardware driver to make sure that this problem won’t occur.
- The Lenovo laptop keeps restarting blue screen can also occur if you have a faulty graphics card or the driver is malfunctioning.
- An issue with the Operating System can be a reason for such defects. You need to update the Windows Operating System correctly.
- Moreover, if the Windows Firewall has accidentally blocked some of the important features of the OS then you can face the problem. Disable the Firewall in such cases.
- The Fast Startup property of the Windows Operating System can also create problems such as this sometimes. Disabling the Fast Startup might solve the technical glitch your laptop is having.
Lenovo Laptop Keeps Restarting: The Fixes
If you are confident enough to resolve the issues on your own, then you can always try to fix it. Take a glimpse at some of the easy and effective remedies by which you can make your Lenovo laptop work again.
Hard Reset Your Lenovo Laptop
Performing a hard reset to your laptop is always handy as it can solve many technical glitches. You need to shut down the laptop at first. Then, remove all the peripherals attached to the device. This includes the battery, hard drives, and the adaptor. Now, hold the power button for a minute and release it. After that, connect the battery and the adaptor of the Lenovo laptop. Boot the laptop again and check if the issue persists or not.
Update Graphics Driver
If you have an in-built graphics card present in your device, then it might be the reason for the blue screen error. Updating the graphics card driver can resolve the issue. Follow the procedure at how to update it.
- Open the Device Manager by clicking the Start button and typing Device Manager in the search box.
- In the Device Manager window, you will find a list of all the drivers installed on your laptop. You need to locate the “Graphics Card driver” and right-click on that.
- Now, select the “Update” option to run the update. Make sure you have a strong internet connection. This will take some time to complete. After that, reboot the laptop and check if the laptop is working or not.
Disable Fast Startup
- Press the Windows button and type “Control Panel” in the search field.
- Select the Control Panel option.
- In the Control Panel Windows, choose the “Power Options”.
- Then, select the option “Choose what power buttons do”.
- Click on the option “Change settings that are currently unavailable”.
- Unchecked the option “Turn on fast startup (recommended)” and hit the “Save Changes” button.
Move to the next hack if this doesn’t work.
End The “explorer.exe” Process
Press the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys together from the keyboard. Then, choose the option “Task Manager”. You will see the Task Manager window on the screen. Move to the “Processes” tab and locate the “explorer.exe” process. Then, right-click on the process and select the “End Task” option from the drop down menu. This will remove the process. After that, again create the process after refreshing the desktop for few times. Monitor whether the problem is repeating or not.
Disable Windows Firewall
- Click on the Start button and type “Control Panel” in the search field.
- Select the Control Panel option.
- In the Control Panel window, choose the link “System and Security”.
- Now, select the options “Windows Firewall on or off” and “Turn off Windows Firewall (recommended)” respectively.
This will turn off the Windows Firewall. Next, run the Lenovo laptop for some time to see the blue screen error is recurring or not. If you still face issues with the Lenovo laptop, then it is better to take the help of professionals.
Get Expert Assistance 24 * 7
The Lenovo laptop you are using is of utter importance when it comes to working. It can be quite frustrating if you face the Lenovo laptop keeps restarting issue. This will affect your work greatly. It is always safe to take the help of experts in cases such as this. The Lenovo experts will effectively fix any laptop related issues at the earliest.
You can communicate with them in three different platforms based on your choice. Call the Lenovo Support Number straightaway to talk to the techies at Lenovo support team regarding the issue. Furthermore, you can also email them or use their Live Chat Portal to chat with the executives.