Lenovo computers are one of the best computers in the market nowadays. Users often opt for Lenovo desktop computers because of its top performance and longevity. This Chinese multinational company has a lot to offer to its clients. But, even the best computers can sometimes report issues because of the fact that ultimately, no gadget is glitch-free. Lenovo desktop computer won’t boot up is one such problem. Here you will face it difficult to try and start the device. If you want to resolve the issue on your own, then take a look at this article to fix the issue with your Lenovo laptop refusing to boot up.
What Causes Lenovo Desktop Won’t Boot?
You need to know some of the reasons why the Lenovo desktop computer won’t boot up occurs. Only after knowing the exact problem, you can figure out a perfect troubleshooting measure for the defect. Hence, take a look at some of the common causes:
- If there is a problem in the Operating System of the computer then you can face the issue. Make sure you update the Operating System using a proper internet connection.
- A problem in the BIOS of the computer can also be a reason for the issue. Try resetting the issue easily.
- Make sure if the SMPS and other hardware of the Lenovo computer are working perfectly or not. An issue with the hardware can bring defects like this.
- Moreover, if the hardware driver of the system is malfunctioning, you can face such issues. Try uninstalling or updating the driver to get a glitch-free experience.
- In some conditions, the explorer process reaches a deadlock state where it is unable to perform. Hence, the Lenovo computer reports these kinds of issue.
Fixing Lenovo Desktop Computer Won’t Boot Up In An Instant
Lenovo computers are generally one of the best when it comes to performance. However, you might face some issues in some conditions. Have a look at some of the hacks which you can easily implement to get rid of the technical defects.
Reset the BIOS
- First of all, you need to shut down the Lenovo desktop.
- Then start again. While the computer prepares to turn on, press the F12 key repeatedly from your keyboard.
- This will take you to the BIOS setup menu. There, select the option “Load BIOS Defaults”.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to make the changes. After that, click on the Save button and choose the Exit option. If this method doesn’t work for you, then move to the next step.
Update the Windows Operating System
Updating the OS is very important in case of any technical glitches. This wards off many small defects. Follow the steps to update the Operating System. Open the Settings window by searching for it in the Start search menu. There, select the “Update and Security” option. After that, select the “Windows Update” option. Click the “Check for updates” option then. The OS will look for new updates if any available. Make sure you have a strong internet connection. When the update ends, restart the Lenovo computer.
End The “explorer.exe” Process
Sometimes, ending the explorer process might solve the Lenovo desktop computer won’t boot up issue. Take a look at the steps to end the process.
- Press the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys together from the keyboard.
- Select the option “Task Manager” from the options.
- The Task Manager window shows up on the screen. There you need to navigate to the “Processes” tab.
- A list of all the processes running in the background of the system will appear. You need to find the “explorer.exe” process. Right-click on the process and select the “End Task” to end the process.
After that, wait for some time and refresh the system for a few times. Then, create a new task and type the explorer.exe to add the task. Press the Save and OK buttons respectively. Then Restart the system.
Update The Hardware Driver
- Click on the Start button present at the extreme left of the task bar.
- In the Start search field, type Device Manager and hit the Enter button.
- Select the Device Manager option from the list of options.
- The Device Manager window will open. There you have to locate the option “Hardware driver” from the list of drivers installed in your system.
- Right-click on the option and select the Update option from the drop-down menu. The hardware driver of your system will be updated. Ensure that you have a decent internet network such that interruption occurs while updating the driver.
Avail The Lenovo Services 24 * 7
If you are not able to resolve the problem on your own, then you can always seek the help of experts. They are available all 24 * 7, so as to provide immediate service when you require it the most. The Lenovo support team works diligently to solve the issue at the earliest. They have different modes by which you can communicate with them. You can call the Lenovo support number to talk to the experts regarding the issue. Also, you can email them or use the Live Chat Portal to chat with the executives to resolve the issue.